The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering at MIT fosters excellence in teaching graduate and post graduate courses.
It offers a B.Tech degree course in Electronics and Communication Engineering and an M.Tech degree course in Digital Electronics and Communication besides in Microelectronics.
Excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering education through innovation and teamwork.
- To impart core engineering skills in electronics and communication engineering through effective teaching-learning practices.
- To Provide academic environment that promotes creative thinking, team work and research
- To enable the graduates to face societal challenges and provide holistic solutions.
- Students are prepared for careers in various engineering fields
- The department has conducted many conferences and workshops on recent technologies and has an excellent record of research activities with many national and international publications in journals and conferences
- The associated clubs of ECE department are IE (E&C) and IEEE.
- Signal and Image Processing
- Analogue and Digital VLSI
- MEMS and Nanotechnology
- Wireless and Fibre Optical Communication
- Embedded System Design and Application
- Information Theory and Coding.
- Teaching skills and teaching methodology – training program for young faculty, in association with Department of Education
- Academic Alliance Programs with INTEL and EMC2
- MEMs Design Centre (INUP) in association with Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Student exchange programs with various institutions/universities abroad through IAESTE. More than ten students have got the benefit from this program
- Collaborative program with DBT, Philips and BoP Companies
- Collaboration in the areas of microcontrollers and digital signal processing with ATMEL, Novoton Technology Corp, Taiwan and Texas Instruments respectively.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, MIT offers the following programs:
World-class laboratories give learning a practical dimension
State-of-the-art Innovation Centre to facilitate multi-disciplinary research
Libraries have excellent resources for reference and study
Paper tree - A green initiative by MIT students of MUTBI
Wi-fi campus with modern computing and digital facilities
Research & Publications
The areas of research of the department are signal and image processing, analogue and digital vlsi, mems and nano technology, wireless and fibre optical communication, embedded system design and application and information theory and coding. The department has a well-equipped research lab to encourage and promote research activities.
For me MAHE is a place with ample opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
Learning is an awesome experience at Manipal. This is the best place to be for students.
MAHE is giving us wings to fly and providing us with resources necessary to make it big in life.
MAHE has taught me the value of organisation and to be systematic in all my work.
My experience at MIT has been great from the beginning.
I’m glad I choose Manipal University.