CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in the teaching of undergraduates.
- Assisting in the smooth conduction of theory and practical examinations.
- Quality Control - Performing routine quality control checks in the clinical biochemistry laboratory.
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|M.Sc.||Medical Biochemistry||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, MAHE, Manipal||July 2017|
|B.Sc.||Biochemistry, Genetics & Microbiology (BcGMb)||Vijaya college (affiliated to Bengaluru City University), Bengaluru, Karnataka||April 2014|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, MAHE, Manipal||Tutor||2018 to till date|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||Junior Research Fellow - Dr T.M.A Pai Endowment Chair in Medical Devices||2017 -2018|
Salivary and Serum Nitric oxide, Phosphodiesterase, Thiol protease inhibitors and Oxidative stress parameters in patients with breast carcinoma.
Cancer progression by influencing angiogenesis are the regulation of NO/cGMPpathway, protease–antiprotease mechanism and imbalance of oxidants and antioxidants resulting in the damage of lipids, carbohydrates, proteins and nucleic acids. Alternatively using saliva as a essentially non-invasive diagnosis and prognosis of Cancer as a substitute for blood.
Development and validation of rapid screening method for glucose and hemoglobin
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Multi-omics framework for precision diagnostics
Area of Expertise
Instrumentation in clinical Laboratory including Molecular Biology, Interpretation of laboratory reports, Maintaining quality control system.
Area of Research
Rapid diagnostic test strips fabrication, Salivomics, Antioxidant and Oxidative stress in cancer cell metabolism.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Undergone project training in Recombinant DNA Technology and Polymerase Chain Reaction , Immunology-Western Bloating and ELISA , Plant Tissue Culture at SBL lab Recognised by Karnataka Biotechnology & Information Technology Services (K-BITS )
- “A biochemical detection strip and a method to detect an analyte” has been filed at the Indian Patent Office on 15th January 2020 as a complete application. Application no. accorded to the same is 202041001862.