CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Roles & responsibilities:
To ensure smooth and successful completion of the assigned official work entrusted by the unit head both regarding the teaching work as well as patient care.
To be available in the hospital premises during duty hours and as assigned by unit chief on OP / OT days.
Active participation in teaching programmes of the department.
Helping the fellows/ post-graduates in preparation of dissertation and seminar / journal club as assigned by HOD / Unit chief.
Carrying out the IPD /OPD work.
Assisting the Unit Chief in Examination work.
Any other work entrusted by the Unit Chief / HOD / Superintendent / University in the interest of teaching / administration / examination / patient service in the interest of public / patient / student / department.
To carry out Research work in co-ordination with HOD / Unit Chief.
To Support and guide students in their curricular activities
To participate in Seminars, Conferences of State national and International Level.
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Fellowship||Peritoneal surface malignancy, Cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC and Image guided liver surgery INSTITUTE/HOSPITAL||SAIFEE HOSPITAL/Speciality Surgical Oncology||August 2021|
|Mch||Surgical Oncology||Gujarat Cancer Research Institute (B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad)||September 2020|
|MS||General Surgery||Topiwala national medical college and Nair Hospital||August 2016|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Surgical Oncology, KMC Manipal||Assistant Professor||Teaching||November 2021 till date|
1.Palod, Akhil & Jain, Abhishek & Pandya, Shashank. (2018). Non-tunnelling technique of port insertion for chemotherapy infusions in cancer patients: A single centre study. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 36. e14507-e14507. 10.1200/JCO.2018.36.15_suppl.e14507.
2. Usman, N., Shetty, P.S., Dikhit, P.S. et al. To CT or not to CT: Questioning the Cost-Effectiveness of CT Thorax in Head and Neck Cancers. Indian J Surg Oncol (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13193-022-01608-5
3. Abdominal wall cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: rare entity description and review of literature: Pawan Karella, Akhil palod ,Aditya kunte et al. DOI : 10.36106/ijsr
4. Gheewala, Husain & Chauhan, Surajsinh & Palod, Akhil & Balsarkar, Dharmesh & Kandekar, Rahul. (2015). A CASE OF GALL STONE ILEUS. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences. 4. 9670-9673. 10.14260/jemds/2015/1395
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
General surgical Oncology-Basic principles and practises Systemic oncology – Breast oncology, Head and neck oncology, Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal surgery, basic and Laparoscopic and Robotic surgery, Gynaecologic oncology, Peritoneal surface oncology including CRS and HIPEC, PIPAC
Area of Expertise
Head and Neck oncology with reconstruction, Breast oncology with oncoplastic reconstruction, Gynecological oncology, Peritoneal surface malignancies, Cytoreductive surgery, HIPEC, PIPAC Basic and Advance Laparoscopic surgery Thoracic and Esophageal cancer surgery Gastrointestinal and Hepato-pancreato-biliary oncology
Area of Research
Head and Neck cancer, Breast cancer, Esophageal cancer, Colorectal cancer, Stomach cancer, gynecological malignancies, peritoneal surface malignancies
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
1. American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
2. Indian association of surgical oncology (IASO)
3. European society of surgical oncology (ESSO)
4. Association of surgeons of India (ASI)