B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering is a multi-disciplinary offers expertise in mathematics, physics, electronics, electrical and mechanical. Instrumentation engineering is a specialised branch of electrical and electronics engineering. It primarily focuses on the principle and operation of measuring instruments, which are used in the design and configuration of automated systems.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Graduates demonstrate proficiency in fundamental knowledge in industrial instrumentation and control by applying theory to practice for meeting the expectations of industry/ take up research work in multi-disciplinary areas
- Graduates possess capability to take up career in optimization and automation of industrial process control with environment protection and safety concern
- Graduates are adaptable to diverse working environment, possess good communication skills and leadership quality
- Graduates are capable of adopting latest developments by life-long learning with professional and ethical uprightness and socio-economic concerns
Program OUTCOME (PO)
- Ability to apply the principles of measurements & automation to solve real world problems.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of mathematics and science to develop the mathematical model of the industrial process and physical systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, implement and test electronic circuits and interpret the results.
- Ability to apply the principles of programming concepts and circuit theory to develop instrumentation systems which meets real world requirements.
- Ability to use techniques, skills and advanced hardware and software tools used in industries to develop automation concepts.
- Ability to understand the working of processes related to industries and design control algorithms for different industrial process models.
- Recognize the need for lifelong learning and demonstrate a commitment to quality consciousness and continuous improvement.
- Communicate effectively in diverse working environments, act with dignity and respect as a team member or a leader.
- Possess broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, ethical and societal context.
- Ability to write technical paper on the topics related to Instrumentation & Control engineering and contribute to knowledge creation.
- Ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations
The program covers the following disciplines.
- Circuit analysis (Digital & Analogue), Power Electronics
- Control Theory (Basic and Modern)
- System Modelling
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
- Process Control and Instrumentation
- Analytical and Biomedical Instrumentation
These laboratories are available to students for pursuing the program.
- Process Control Lab
- PC based Instrumentation Lab
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers Lab
- Instrumentation & Transducers Lab
- Automation Lab
Outline - B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering course outline