UPWAVE : Unleashing Potential of Women – Association for Value Enhancement
March 03, 2015
POWER (Platform of Women Entrepreneurs Reg) with organizational support of School of Management, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, is launching a new initiative UPWAVE : Unleashing Potential or Women – Association for Value Enhancement
This forum is geared towards championing entrepreneurship through targeted programs that would collectively address the unemployment problem among women by providing them with opportunities to develop their leadership skills, training in marketable job oriented skills, and access to resources and linkages needed to realize their potential as young social and economic entrepreneurs.
The board objectives of this forum are:
· To nurture entrepreneurial skill among women segment, in this region
· To provide information and training pertaining to entrepreneurial activities
· To organize seminars and guest lectures that will nurture and groom the entrepreneurial spirit among young women
· To connect young entrepreneurs and link them to various tools, resources and opportunities to support the growth of their enterprises
· To create a platform for women segment to unleash her skills and expertise for value creation
From the Institutions side, Dr.Smitha Nayak , Associate Professor, SOM, is the Faculty Coordinator of UPWAVE and Ms.Abigel, a students of first year MBA- Healthcare Management, will be the President. Ms.Nambratha and Ms.Megha, the students of first year MBA program, are the Joint Secretaries.